CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO AN ARTICLE
For her project The Taxi Takes on Terror, freelance documentary filmmaker Vandana Sood reported from India’s largest city through conversations with the cab drivers of Mumbai.
Vandana's article about her response to the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks was featured on Beliefnet. Click here for the article.
Kavita Ramdya interviewed Vandana about ‘The Taxi Takes’ for the publication News India Times. Download the pdf.
Lavina writes about the I View Film Festival. "Shown at the rooftop gathering was Vandana Sood’s Taxi Takes film, ‘Women and Islam’ – on a woman taxi driver in Mumbai who casts aside the burkha to drive city streets. The filmmaker discussed the making of her unusual series where taxi drivers and passengers become a part of the action, part of the retelling of the city’s story.
Women and Islam won the Best Documentary award at the Festival Art Deco de Cinema in Sao Paolo, Brazil in 2011
Wojtek Gwiazda of Radio Canada International interviews Vandana about The Taxi Takes on Terror based in Mumbai, India.
Bozeman magazine featured The Taxi Takes and information about the fundraiser event and dinner that helped fund 'The Taxi Takes on the World' Film Festival in India.
- ‘Street Smarts‘ was screened at the Sikh International Film Festival at Asia Society in New York
- Engendered's I View Film festival
- The Taxi Takes partners with AiiETV. Watch Asian Indian Immigrant Experience Television on Bliptv.
- Screening at John Hopkins University organization - Jhpiego headquarters in Baltimore
- NY Arab and South Asian Video Slam at Alwan for the Arts in New York City
- Showcased at The Peace and Justice Education Conference at Columbia University
- Screened at GiSCA Palooza at Teachers College, Columbia University
- The Humanity Explored Film Festival on Culture Unplugged.com
- Women's Voices Now Film Festival in Los Angeles
- At Montana State University in collaboration with the Diversity Awareness Office.
- Festival Art Deco de Cinema where it won the award for Best Documentary Film in 2011.